Club Saint James de Montreal
ounded in 1857, the Saint James’s Club of Montreal is the oldest private business club in Canada. It takes its name from Saint-Jacques Street in Old Montreal where it was first established, which was called Saint James Street at the time. Since the beginning of its history, the Saint James’s Club has had only two other addresses. It has been located at the corner of Union Avenue and René-Lévesque Boulevard since 1962. Occupying an area of more than 28,000 square feet, its facilities have evolved along with technology and the needs of its members.